TASK GROUP MEETINGS (Not Full Council Meetings)
The appointed task group of the Higher Education Coordinating Council will hold two meetings in October. Chair Alan Levine has appointed members Criser, Pumariega and Moore (and other staff and/or experts as needed) to serve as a task group to work on a proposed statewide higher education completion and attainment goal. The draft goal will then be considered by the full Council in November. The date to be determined. The location will be Tallahassee.
November 14, 2016
9:00 a.m. – 12 noon, or upon completion of business (Task group members)
Turlington Building, Room 1614
325 W. Gaines Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399
The Higher Education Coordinating Council meeting will be on November 28, 2016
This is a meeting of the full council. The purpose of this meeting is to approve the annual report and to discuss and consider a proposed completion and attainment goal for the state. An agenda will be posted here, closer to the actual meeting date.
Date: Monday, November 28, 2016
Time: 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. or until completion of business
Location: Tallahassee, Room 404 House Office Building
2015 Annual Report
The Council was established to identify unmet needs and to facilitate solutions to disputes regarding the creation of new degree programs and the establishment of new institutes, campuses, or centers. Its purpose is to make recommendations to the Legislature, the State Board of Education, and the Board of Governors, State University System of Florida.
The Council’s recommendations will be consistent with the following guiding principles:
- To achieve within existing resources a seamless academic educational system that fosters an integrated continuum of kindergarten through graduate school education for Florida’s students;
- To promote consistent education policy across all educational delivery systems, focusing on students;
- To promote substantially improved articulation across all educational delivery systems;
- To promote a system that maximizes educational access and allows the opportunity for a high quality education for all Floridians;
- To promote a system of coordinated and consistent transfer of credit and data collection for improved accountability purposes between the education delivery systems.
Mailing List Sign up