The Higher Education Coordinating Council meeting will be on December 19, 2016
The Florida Higher Education Coordinating Council will meet by conference call on Monday, December 19, 2016, at 1:30 p.m.
This is the last scheduled meeting of the council for 2016. The agenda will include finalizing the 2016 annual report. The conference call meeting will not be webcast. There is a toll free number for public for hear the meeting. (See details below.)
HECC MEETING DETAILS
DATE: December 19, 2016
TIME: 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. or upon conclusion of business
Public Listen-In Phone #: 1-888-670-3525
Director of External Relations
Board of Governors
State University System of Florida
2015 Annual Report
The Council was established to identify unmet needs and to facilitate solutions to disputes regarding the creation of new degree programs and the establishment of new institutes, campuses, or centers. Its purpose is to make recommendations to the Legislature, the State Board of Education, and the Board of Governors, State University System of Florida.
The Council’s recommendations will be consistent with the following guiding principles:
- To achieve within existing resources a seamless academic educational system that fosters an integrated continuum of kindergarten through graduate school education for Florida’s students;
- To promote consistent education policy across all educational delivery systems, focusing on students;
- To promote substantially improved articulation across all educational delivery systems;
- To promote a system that maximizes educational access and allows the opportunity for a high quality education for all Floridians;
- To promote a system of coordinated and consistent transfer of credit and data collection for improved accountability purposes between the education delivery systems.
Mailing List Sign up