There will be a meeting of a sub group of the Higher Education Coordinating Council on Wednesday, July 8, 2015.
The meeting is to begin at 3:00 p.m. and will adjourn at 4:00 p.m. The location is Room 1614, Turlington Building, 325 W. Gaines Street, Tallahassee, FL 32399.
The meeting contact is: Diane McCain, firstname.lastname@example.org and telephone 850.245.9632.
Proposed meetings for 2015
For discussion and review – Members are currently considering the following meeting dates for 2015.
- Friday - September 11, conference call @ 10 am
- Friday - November 13, in person meeting from 9-12 noon
December – no meeting, unless warranted due to annual report
The Council was established to identify unmet needs and to facilitate solutions to disputes regarding the creation of new degree programs and the establishment of new institutes, campuses, or centers. Its purpose is to make recommendations to the Legislature, the State Board of Education, and the Board of Governors, State University System of Florida.
The Council’s recommendations will be consistent with the following guiding principles:
- To achieve within existing resources a seamless academic educational system that fosters an integrated continuum of kindergarten through graduate school education for Florida’s students;
- To promote consistent education policy across all educational delivery systems, focusing on students;
- To promote substantially improved articulation across all educational delivery systems;
- To promote a system that maximizes educational access and allows the opportunity for a high quality education for all Floridians;
- To promote a system of coordinated and consistent transfer of credit and data collection for improved accountability purposes between the education delivery systems.
Mailing List Sign up