PUBLIC MEETING NOTICE
TALLAHASSEE - The Higher Education Coordinating Council will hold a meeting on the following date and at the following location:
June 20, 2016
1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
University of Central Florida
4000 Central Florida Blvd.
Orlando, Florida, 32816
Meeting will be televised by The Florida Channel
The agenda will be posted closer to the actual meeting date.
2015 Annual Report
The Council was established to identify unmet needs and to facilitate solutions to disputes regarding the creation of new degree programs and the establishment of new institutes, campuses, or centers. Its purpose is to make recommendations to the Legislature, the State Board of Education, and the Board of Governors, State University System of Florida.
The Council’s recommendations will be consistent with the following guiding principles:
- To achieve within existing resources a seamless academic educational system that fosters an integrated continuum of kindergarten through graduate school education for Florida’s students;
- To promote consistent education policy across all educational delivery systems, focusing on students;
- To promote substantially improved articulation across all educational delivery systems;
- To promote a system that maximizes educational access and allows the opportunity for a high quality education for all Floridians;
- To promote a system of coordinated and consistent transfer of credit and data collection for improved accountability purposes between the education delivery systems.
Mailing List Sign up