Next meeting of the HECC will be a workshop
Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 10:30 – 2:30pm EST
HECC Regular Meeting in Tallahassee
Room 401, Senate Office Building/Capitol Complex, Tallahassee, FL
An agenda will be posted closer to the meeting date.
The workshop will be webcast
The Council was established to identify unmet needs and to facilitate solutions to disputes regarding the creation of new degree programs and the establishment of new institutes, campuses, or centers. Its purpose is to make recommendations to the Legislature, the State Board of Education, and the Board of Governors, State University System of Florida.
The Council’s recommendations will be consistent with the following guiding principles:
- To achieve within existing resources a seamless academic educational system that fosters an integrated continuum of kindergarten through graduate school education for Florida’s students;
- To promote consistent education policy across all educational delivery systems, focusing on students;
- To promote substantially improved articulation across all educational delivery systems;
- To promote a system that maximizes educational access and allows the opportunity for a high quality education for all Floridians;
- To promote a system of coordinated and consistent transfer of credit and data collection for improved accountability purposes between the education delivery systems.
Mailing List Sign up