HECC to meet on September 23, in Tallahassee
TALLAHASSEE - Chair Tom Kuntz has announced the next meeting of the Florida Higher Education Coordinating Council will be held on September 23, 2014. The meeting will begin at 10:00 a.m. and adjourn at 12:30 p.m. or upon conclusion of business. An agenda will be posted on this site closer to the meeting date.
Note: Previously, a meeting date of September 26, 2014 had been announced. The new and correct date for the meeting is September 23, 2014.
DATE: September 23, 2014
TIME: 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
LOCATION: Turlington Building
325 W. Gaines Street, 17th Floor Conference Room
Tallahassee, FL 32399
Matthew Bouck, Office of Articulation, Florida Department of Education (firstname.lastname@example.org or 850.245.9644)
Diane McCain, Board of Governors, State University System of Florida (email@example.com or 850.245.9632)
The Council was established to identify unmet needs and to facilitate solutions to disputes regarding the creation of new degree programs and the establishment of new institutes, campuses, or centers. Its purpose is to make recommendations to the Legislature, the State Board of Education, and the Board of Governors, State University System of Florida.
The Council’s recommendations will be consistent with the following guiding principles:
- To achieve within existing resources a seamless academic educational system that fosters an integrated continuum of kindergarten through graduate school education for Florida’s students;
- To promote consistent education policy across all educational delivery systems, focusing on students;
- To promote substantially improved articulation across all educational delivery systems;
- To promote a system that maximizes educational access and allows the opportunity for a high quality education for all Floridians;
- To promote a system of coordinated and consistent transfer of credit and data collection for improved accountability purposes between the education delivery systems.
Mailing List Sign up