Members of the Higher Education Coordinating Council will attend all or part of the Florida College System Summit on April 6,2017, in Tallahassee, FL. (This is not a HECC meeting. The summit is hosted by the Florida College System, Florida Department of Education.)
The event will focus on innovation and excellence, highlighting best practices in the areas of access, affordability, and achievement and attainment – all matters of importance and interest to the Higher Education Coordinating Council.
Chair, Alan Levine will be facilitating a panel as part of the program.
PUBLIC MEETING NOTICE
The following meeting is scheduled for June 19, 2017 in Tampa, FL
2016 Annual Report
The Council was established to identify unmet needs and to facilitate solutions to disputes regarding the creation of new degree programs and the establishment of new institutes, campuses, or centers. Its purpose is to make recommendations to the Legislature, the State Board of Education, and the Board of Governors, State University System of Florida.
The Council’s recommendations will be consistent with the following guiding principles:
- To achieve within existing resources a seamless academic educational system that fosters an integrated continuum of kindergarten through graduate school education for Florida’s students;
- To promote consistent education policy across all educational delivery systems, focusing on students;
- To promote substantially improved articulation across all educational delivery systems;
- To promote a system that maximizes educational access and allows the opportunity for a high quality education for all Floridians;
- To promote a system of coordinated and consistent transfer of credit and data collection for improved accountability purposes between the education delivery systems.
Mailing List Sign up