The next meeting of the Florida Higher Education Coordinating Council will be October 6, 2015, in Tallahassee, Florida.
The HECC will meet from 10:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m., or upon conclusion of business. The location is Florida Virtual Campus Building, Innovation Park, 1753 W. Paul Dirac, Tallahassee, Florida 32310. Discussion will include final reports and a draft of the 2015 Report to the Florida Legislature.
The following meetings have been confirmed for the Higher Education Coordinating Council.
The meeting agenda and other information will be posted closer to the actual meeting dates.
November 10, 2015 – Tuesday
10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Room 1703, Turlington (Education) Building
325 West Gaines Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399
The Council was established to identify unmet needs and to facilitate solutions to disputes regarding the creation of new degree programs and the establishment of new institutes, campuses, or centers. Its purpose is to make recommendations to the Legislature, the State Board of Education, and the Board of Governors, State University System of Florida.
The Council’s recommendations will be consistent with the following guiding principles:
- To achieve within existing resources a seamless academic educational system that fosters an integrated continuum of kindergarten through graduate school education for Florida’s students;
- To promote consistent education policy across all educational delivery systems, focusing on students;
- To promote substantially improved articulation across all educational delivery systems;
- To promote a system that maximizes educational access and allows the opportunity for a high quality education for all Floridians;
- To promote a system of coordinated and consistent transfer of credit and data collection for improved accountability purposes between the education delivery systems.
Mailing List Sign up